- Must have served honorably on active duty or in the reserves of any branch of the United States armed forces — Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard.
- Must have lost his or her life while in military service, including a determination of “killed in action” or “missing in action.”
- Must have attended courses at UNC Charlotte. (This may include, but is not limited to, courses in Military Science or Aerospace Science.)
- Or must have served in a full-time capacity on the faculty or staff of UNC Charlotte.
- Must be nominated for inclusion by an immediate family member or other appropriate individual such as a fellow service member or commander.
- The time frame can be as far back as 1946, the year that the University was founded as the Charlotte Center.
If you know of someone who fits the above criteria (even if you are not a family member), please send his or her name and military service information to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 704-687-8100 or 8101. If you have information about any surviving family members of the Fallen Hero, please send that information also. And be sure you send your contact information in case we have questions.